Whether your patients are suffering from acute or chronic pain, craniosacral therapy can help. Craniosacral therapy uses very light pressure to detect restrictions and restore balance to the craniosacral system. The craniosacral system is made up of the dural membrane that covers the brain & spinal cord and the cerebrospinal fluid contained inside. It has been described as the deepest layer of the fascia. Like fascia, restrictions in the craniosacral system can cause pain and dysfunction and compromise the performance of the musculoskeletal and neurological systems surrounding it. Craniosacral therapy is an effective treatment modality for head, neck & back pain, including post-concussion syndrome, migraines & headaches, acute & chronic neck & back pain, sacroiliac joint dysfunction and much more.
This course provides the participant with a background for further craniosacral training. Participants are instructed on techniques that provide effective treatment modality for head, neck & back pain, including post-concussion syndrome, migraines & headaches, acute & chronic neck & back pain, sacroiliac joint dysfunction and much more to incorporate into their massage sessions or use them separately.
This Seminar-On-Demand is 2 contact hours in length (check your state’s approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
|Contact Hours: 2||
|Target Audience: ATC/LAT, MT/LMT, OT, OTA, PT, PTA|
|Instructional Level: Advanced||BOC Level of Difficulty: Mastery|
This continuing education course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on craniosacral therapy techniques for the neck.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to
- Identify the anatomy & physiology of the craniosacral system.
- List the benefits, indications and contraindications of craniosacral therapy.
- Recognize the assessment process for restrictions in the craniosacral system.
- Identify the basic craniosacral techniques for the treatment of the back & neck.
- Identify the basic craniosacral techniques for the treatment of the head; including headaches, migraines, temporomandibular joint (TMJ), and tinnitus.